Sunday, May 6, 2012

Flash and Bones (2011) by Kathy Reichs

"Either the formula is wearing thin or I'm tiring a bit of the formula but I didn't love this latest installment in Kathy Reich's long-running series about a forensic anthropologist. This episode takes place in her home town of Charlotte, home to NASCAR, and has tie-ins to the race business. It also links to American extremists, and several missing people
I'm not going to give away plot points here. My main problem with the story and its telling was the telling: too many repeated comments about her cat, too juvenile a response to a new male character, occasional choppy writing, repeated descriptions of FBI operatives, etc. I don't recall being struck by these elements in the past. Has Reichs changed or have I?

All that being said, it was a quick read and I did want to know who did it (though I knew before Tempe).''

I couldn't agree more!
Review copied from Goodreads, Interenet, May 6, 2012