Friday, June 20, 2008

Life's a Beach

Charleston is the grand dame of the South. It was not burned during the Civil War, and so has retained many historic buildings. It is real estate heaven in terms of beautiful homes, but prices are not celestial. This picture was taken on the public beach at Sullivan's Island, very close to the Isle of Palms, where my friend Francesca's mom has lived for almost 30 years. We enjoyed a visit to her where she charmed us with her Italian hospitality - there was no way we were leaving that house without eating some home made biscotti and drinking red wine. At 86 she is a remarkable women, volunteering for Habitat for Humanity and doing good works in her community. Lorne forgot his hat there, so maybe we have to return.



My studies are going very well. I was born to be a student. Academia is a very comfortable world for me, as I enjoy reading and analyzing the thoughts and findings of others so that a body of knowledge emerges. My dissertation topic is emerging, and I haven't changed my mind about this in a week. Lorne is receiving mini-lectures on feminism as my independent study is Woman and Leadership. It's like the 1970 all over again - who can believe that was 38 years ago?



After my earlier blog pics, I bought a new bathing suit! One that covers the jiggly bits.



Email us at lorne02@hotmail.com or carolanneliz@hotmail.com.