Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Woman in the Mirror: How to Stop Confusing What Yoy Look Like with Who You Are



The author, Cynthia Bulik, Ph.D., is a professor of psychiatry at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine.  She has written and spoken widely on the serious issues of eating disorders and the impact of such on girls and women.  This text is informative and easy to read, however, I found that it did not hold my interest, as the author wrote at length of various womens' testimonies.  Because I am an older woman, I found the second half of the book to be more valuable.  However, I am mindful that a book can be read however the reader wants to read it.  You can read chapters, but not in sequence, if that works for you.  If you want to learn more, go to the author's site http://www.womaninthemirrorbook.com/.